Beautiful Authors---January 2015 Edition

Hi, guys!



And now, “Beautiful Authors”! *aw, shucks*


How many years have you been writing? When did you officially consider yourself a ‘writer’?
I've been writing for 4 years now, and I considered myself an official writer when I joined a writers club at age 12. I still know a few friend from there. (*wink wonk* *cough cough* heya Ilse *cough wink couch cough*)


How/why did you start writing?
Well, I started writing because I had an idea and wanted to get it down. I started with a pencil and this notebook with a  dog on it.


What’s your favorite part of writing?
Bringing ones imagination to life, in a sense.


What’s your biggest writing struggle?
Motivation.


Do you write best at night or day?
Night (it's currently 23:17 (11:17pm) and since getting in bed I've written two chapters and three of these beautiful people things, which I shall post tomorrow--I actually should a turned this off 17 mins ago to get some sleep for school, but I can function ay-ok on 3 hours of sleep, I don't think the loss of half an hour will be that big of a deal).


What does your writing space look like? (Feel free to show us pictures!)
I have four writing spaces: a desk in a corner with a Big Mac, a desk by a window with this weird laptop thing, up I my room on my cousin chair by the window, and in my bed (I use my glitchy iPad mini for the latter two).


How long does it typically take you to write a complete draft?
7-9 months. I am slow.


How many projects do you work on at once?
2 or 3 big ones with a handful of small ones on the side.


Do you prefer writing happy endings, sad ones, or somewhere in between?
I'm all over the pace with my endings. Bittersweet and shocking are grand, as of late.


List a few authors who’ve influenced your writing journey.
J.K. Rowling
Rick Riordan
Erin Hunter
David Liss
And a whole lot more


Do you let people read your writing? Why or why not?
Yes, because they say they like my novels so I assume they'd enjoy reading it, and because one can never get enough critique.


What’s your ultimate writing goal or dream?
I'd like to publish a few big stand alone books, and maybe a small series.


If you didn’t write, what would you want to do?
Homemaker (stay-at-home wife/mom/etc.)


Do you have a book you’d like to write one day but don’t feel you’re ready to attempt it yet?
Yes, a few.


Which story has your heart and won’t let go?
Most of them, honestly. Don't get me wrong, lots slip through my fingers and are nothing more than sand beneath my feet, but most of them mean a lot to me because I put a lot of time and effort into them, even if I never finished.

Ok, now off to bed with me.



(Beautiful Authors was created by bloggers Cait and Sky)


Thanks for reading!
~Bekah the Bookworm 

Comments

  1. HEYA, BEKAH! *waves*
    Ah, Writing Club. Remember how Someone used to always write those depressing stories?
    Also, get more sleep, Bekah. I worry for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, yes-- I cant remember her name, but she always had very vivid depressing tales.
      And, noted, my apologies for worrying you :3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts